Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A review of a profile on OK Cupid

Someone asked me to review his profile.

His message:
Dec. 22, 2010 – 8:36pm
my profile
I would like to know what you think of my profile,please let me know everything in it is true no lies thank you in advance bye.

His profile [with annotations]:

name hidden
55 / M / Straight / Single
Orangeburg, South Carolina (343 Miles)
 

My self-summary
I am a single nice guy who's fit. I'm 5'11 and weigh 185 pounds [why post weight?]. I consider myself a novice at dating [is it a contest or sport that warrants this type of clarification?]. I am not rich [a lot of females care about finances, so why advertise?] and I do not take advantage of women [does he not know how many people say they don't take advantage of others? As if an abuser will blatantly admit s/he is an abuser.]. I have never been married also I would never try to make a woman have sex make love etc. [why does he feel the need to convince others that he is not a rapist or abuser?] If I did not believe that is truly what she wanted don't need that kind of guilt in my head most people get my age wrong by about ten years too young in other words l do not look my age [let the photos tell that].

What I’m doing with my life
working,playing Bass Trombone working out at the YMCA watching television,blue ray movies and trying to sleep at night [this kind of sounds lonely and depressed. Cymbalta can help.]

I’m really good at
some car repair [as in the typical that most males can do?],home theater systems and helping people out if I can

The first things people usually notice about me
I'm not like what most people think I should be because I am a bit different but i'll leave the judgment up to you [again with the convincing, is he really a convicted felon in disguise?]

My favorite books, movies, music, and food
ray, new star trek movie etc jazz with brass,vocals and full instrumentation in other words music that has real musicians also classical music with lots of brass also popular music ,some rock and roll. I like grilled chicken,chicken and rice dish meat lovers pizza with out sauce with bell peppers. [let's try grammar and punctuation to make this more legible]
 
The six things I could never do without
Air,water,food,shelter, [this should be a little more interesting to get more attention!]

I spend a lot of time thinking aboutwhy money seems to be the only thing that matters and why we are we still using fossil fuels to run this country and not moving forward in solar power wind etc. and stop being so 20 century we are suppose to be living in the 21 century right. [that's great, but what are you doing to find a solution? This depressing talk is just that - depressing! It comes across as a sad, lonely, person who has nothing positive to say about life and is overselling himself to convince people of something that he may or may not be.]

On a typical Friday night I am
at home watching some TV, maybe going out to get something to eat. [do you not have friends or a therapist?!]

The most private thing I’m willing to admit
I am a virgin [no one believes this if you are over 13!],people who can't drive a car or truck without a cell phone in there hand or in other words can't put the phone down to drive,I would rather deal with someone who drives fast and concentrating intensely on what they are doing and be very good at what they are doing from experience like autocross solo 2 etc. Why people think they have to turn the thermostat up or down to a very high or very low number when one it two degrees is all they really need for comfort why not take off or put on more clothes instead of wasting power. I think I might have made a mistake in still being a virgin at almost fifty five years old would l have seen the world from a more realistic point of veiw if I had given up my virginity years earlier to a women who would've used the power she has to make me see the world for what it really is,ladies you have a lot of power between your legs you can use to make a man do the right thing or see the world for what it really is,I know this might sound strange but you women make the world go around . [OMG! This guy has ISSUES! Was he molested by his mother or babysitter?! Was he accused of rape or some other sex crime?]

I’m looking for
Girls who like guys
Ages 37-47
Located anywhere
Who are single
For new friends, long-term dating, short-term dating, activity partners, long-distance penpals

You should message me if
you are looking for a guy who is honest, doesn't take advantage of women, doesn't mind being respected, doesn't mind that i don't have any money, doesn't mind not being controlled by the man and you are independent.  [I think he's looking for a therapist. This profile seems like a cry for help.]

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your thoughts on my profile,you are right about my not being very happy but the other things like being a virgin is true,I guess you never met a person that was different than most people in some ways,your thinking reminds me of the reason why we are fighting to wars and are about to go the way of pass super powers in history because we were to full of our ego and can't see pass our nose or think out side the box.my friends were right I should not tell the truth on my profile I would be more successful in selling myself on this dating sight,I am thinking about deleting my profile because if most people think like you I will probably die a virgin,remember what I said about fighting two wars also remember innocent people being sent to prison and racism,think about it you might be very wrong have a nice one happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Seems like Anonymous is upset that he asked for his profile to be reviewed, and he still seems way too preoccupied with sex. He mentions "think outside the box," but it seems as though he is fixated on being in the box. His comment makes no sense. He's attacking the author as if to blame her personally for the state of affairs of the world.

    He asked for his profile to be reviewed, and she gave him honest feedback on how the rest of us would perceive it. Anonymous, you should get help!

    ReplyDelete